If there is a medical emergency:
- DO NOT move the person. Notify the Fire Department paramedics at 911. Secondary contact number: (213) 486-4423. This number should only be used if a problem occurs with the 911 system.
Give them the following information:
- Building name (400 N. Brand)
- Building address (400 N. Brand, Glendale, CA 91203)
- Nearest cross street (Lexington)
- Floor/suite number
- Nature of emergency
- Victim's name and location
- Your call back telephone number
DO NOT HANG UP UNTIL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT OPERATOR DOES SO FIRST.
- Call the office of the building. Dial: (818) 553-6724.
- Try to make the victim comfortable. If you are trained in first aid or CPR, assist as needed.
- Gather as much as information as you can about the person and his/her injury (signs/symptoms and chief complaint of victim).
- Have someone at the elevator lobby on the floor to direct security personnel and paramedics to the victim's location.
Only provide first aid or CPR if you are trained. Otherwise, wait for the Fire Department.